Sustainability is one of the most important topics in the current agrifood sector and has become a subject of debate for governments, major companies, and the general public. That is why the ‘What is Sustainability?’ course introduces participants to the latestin Sustainability and the relevance of this topic across the food industries. Through online lectures and seminars, you will explore the different frameworks of sustainability, including economic, ethical and environmental measures, and a practical sense of when and how these frameworks should be applied.
The course is aimed at professionals in the agriculture, food and environmental related industries (including feed, veterinary pharmaceutical and breeding companies). This may also be suitable for those with careers in research and development, as well as in the advisory or extension sector. International and national corporations will both be able to use the knowledge provided in the course as well as research and higher education institutions in the governmental sector.
Assessments are designed to advance participants careers by developing and assessing the analytical and communication skills required by food or environmental industries. Projects are designed to be relevant to the participant's current employment. To ensures relevant research and questions are addressed, participants are encouraged to discuss particular projects with their employer.
This module is availabe for CPD (£450) or for(£700).. Modules taken as CPD can later be converted to credit for a fee of £250.
Contact Name for Enquiries: Fiona Lee or Cathy Crips
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone Number: 0118 378 3312 or 0118 378 8722
By completing this course participants should be able to :
The ‘What is Sustainability?’ course covers:
Each topic will be introduced with some interactive online material and downloadable materials that will be available to the participant permanently. There will be a series of online discussion fora and exercises. Feedback and contributions from the module convenor or deliverer will be the main source of formative assessment.
A report on the case study of the participant`s own business/farm will constitute 70% of the marks awarded for this module. A screencast will be produced that explores the concepts of economic, environmental and ethical sustainability will also be produced and uploaded, and this will constitute the other 30% of the module marks.
Online exercises and quizzes, and feedback and contributions from others in the online discussion fora will provide the basis for formative assessment.
AgriFood Training Partnership
The University of Reading
PO Box 226, Whiteknights
Reading RG6 6AP